Skip to main content

Eyeshadow Palettes

Today I head back to Boston. My three-week long winter break at home in California has been wonderful (always love family time), but I am also excited to get back into the swing of things at school. Last semester of undergrad! Woohoo. But now I must prepare for the colder temps, so... yay? A switch up for sure, but nonetheless should be enjoyable as well. :)

For today's post I just thought of eyeshadow palettes because I've had mine for a couple of years now and love it. I have another palette (cheek/eyeshadow, not just eyeshadow) that I use for eyeshadows too and switch on and off between the two. These are some more eyeshadow palettes that have beautiful shades... (listed clockwise from top-left)... for primer, I use (and love) this one... I prefer palettes because you have many shades that you can mix and match from one compact. Doesn't hurt that these six palettes have colors that can create looks for day or night, either alone or blended together too!


  • ★ Anastasia Modern Renaissance Palette - 14 shades... These warmer/red-toned shades are so pretty. I think I'd use a lot of primavera, vermeer, antique bronze, venetian red, and realgar. I normally wear neutral shimmery shades, but the pinks/burgundies/reds are gorgeous. I'll definitely have to try out those colors.

  • ★ Stila Eyes Are The Window Palette - 12 shades... First, I will mention that I love the metallic packaging. *heart-eyes emoji* :) There are three different palettes: Mind, Spirit, Soul. I like Spirit the most. I'm a fan of shimmer eyeshadows and this one has lots of them. And the red shade is so bold and stunning!

  • ★ Urban Decay Naked2 Palette - 12 shades... I own this palette and I am so glad I purchased it. I use bootycall as a highlighter and I lovelovelove chopper and ydk. These shades are also great for smokey eye looks. Also, note: each shade is super pigmented so the colors show up very well. I love the intensity of the eyeshadows.

  • ★ Tarte Tarteist Pro To Go Amazonian Clay Palette - 6 shades... This palette would be so perfect for traveling. With three matte and three shimmer shades, this little palette packs a punch; you can create many different looks. I love wearing single shimmery shades and would definitely make good use of hype, boss, and dominate.

  • ★ Tarte Tarteist Pro Amazonian Clay Palette - 20 shades... This palette is so fun to look at! All of the different colors... from bold to pastel hues... lots and lots of variety. I wouldn't make use of this palette as much as I would of the previous ones. There are many more matte shades than shimmer and the colors are not my preferred ones (Though I'd use ethereal, glam, and minx the most.) But I mean, just look at all the pretty colors! 

  • ★ Tarte Tartelette In Bloom Clay Palette - 12 shades... This palette is another more warm-toned one... hello, firecracker, funny girl, and leader. I think this would be great for everyday, neutral looks. And come to think of it, the bolder browns would create smokey looks for night time looks. I'd just add the shimmery shades too...


Out of all six of the above palettes, other than the Naked2 one since I already own it, I would want to purchase either the Pro To Go or the Modern Renaissance palettes next. Pro To Go would be nice for travel and Modern Renaissance has colors that I do not already own. Hmmm... maybe I'll get one later! But for now, off I go to head to SFO for my 5am flight!

xo, I

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burgundy Moto Leather Jacket

The Treadmill

Salmon with Anchovy-Garlic Butter