Skip to main content

Current Go-To Hair Care Products

Happy Friday! Long time no post. I've been inspired by my ever-growing hair since this semester has started. I'd have expected all of my hair to fall out by now due to the inescapable stress that comes along with watching cute puppies on New York City sidewalks wiggling their booties on their daily strolls yet still not owning a fluffy white pom puppy by now. Sigh, the pangs of envy... a girl can dream, right? For now, my hair is very much so still intact despite the lack of fluffy cuteness in my life... you win some, you lose some. Thank goodness for these hair care products that I have been using to make taking care of my long, mid-back length hair manageable. I suppose this is a baby step towards taking care of a full-fledged animal. Take care of hair --> take care of puppy... seems reasonable. I use two sets of shampoo/conditioner. High maintenance? Sure, but one set I keep in my apartment, and the other my gym provides. Luckily, both make my hair super soft, smooth, and shiny, and detangle any knots. At home, I use Herbal Essences' Rose Hips shampoo and conditioner. If you're a fan of rose scents, you will love this. Not only does it smell ah-mazing, but it makes my hair super soft and sleek. I previously used the L'Oreal Paris Elvive Smooth Intense Smoothing shampoo/conditioner set and it totally made my hair super greasy and weighed it down - didn't feel "clean" at all; it was so intolerable that I had to throw the bottles out before running out of the products, which I usually avoid doing. With the Herbal Essences set, there is no heavy residue feeling whatsoever and it doesn't dry my hair out either. Likewise, the Kiehl's Amino Acid shampoo/conditioner makes my hair extremely soft, smooth, and detangles any knots. This set has more of a neutral scent (a hint of coconut/vanilla-ey-ness) yet is still refreshing to use. I love both of these shampoo/conditioner sets and they are my faves right now, but if I had to pick an ultimate favorite, it'd have to be the Herbal Essences Rose Hips set. Love it! Also, I've been asked quite a bit if I straighten my hair. I rarely do nowadays - most of the time I just use either of these sets, use a pump or two of this hair serum, and then blow dry my hair with this hair dryer. This combination takes fewer than ten minutes to dry my hair and works like a charm for a sleek and smooth look!

xo, I

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burgundy Moto Leather Jacket

The Treadmill

Salmon with Anchovy-Garlic Butter