Skip to main content

PPW and V-Neck Jumpsuit


My closet, I would like to think, is well-stocked. I have accumulated numerous pieces throughout the years that have accompanied me from high school through college. Albeit my posts on rather pricey clothing, shoes, and accessories, I am still a student after all and my budget does not allot for the purchase of those items (so I just post about them on here... a girl can dream, right? ;)) Most of my closet stock is from the likes of Banana Republic and Nordstrom. Admittedly, I do not have a lot of clothing, shoes, or accessories, but I am able to make what I do have last. How? I am an enthusiastic proponent of mixing-and-matching and wearing things over and over again (read: I am a proud outfit-repeater), which, in turn, affects my purchasing decisions.

When shopping, regardless of if the item is $20 or $100, I always consider the "price-per-wear" (ppw) of it. Ex: two shirts I have my eyes on... one is $20 and one is $100. Both equally chic. Here's where the ppw comes into play for me: the $20 shirt I only see myself wearing once... the ppw is $20. On the other hand, for the $100 shirt, I see myself wearing it with many different outfits by mixing-and-matching... hypothetically, if I wear the shirt 10 times, the ppw is $10... 20 times, the ppw is $5, so on and so forth. With this in mind, I will buy the $100 shirt and pass on the $20 one. (Vice-versa: $20 shirt I see myself wearing many times vs. $100 shirt I see myself wearing once, I will buy the $20 shirt, not the $100 one.) 

Now, I do not do actual calculations when I shop, like Oh, this is $75, I will wear it 123 times, what's the ppw? Let me pull out my calculator from my purse. I instinctively get an intuitive feel for whether or not I will get many wears from an item and if it will have a low ppw. Being mindful of the ppw when I shop has served me well ever since high school and I will continue to go about shopping this way. 

Oh, and what inspired this post? I went on H&M and loved so many things from there. Not only are the prices of what I had my eye on extremely student-budget-friendly, but I know I could mix-and-match and wear them multiple times. (Hello, super-low ppw!)

For example, I saw this black jumpsuit. It's simple and can be dressed up or down. The cinched waist, dual-option sleeves, and slight sheen of the fabric are all pluses for versatility (add belt, sleeves up or down, wear casual or for going out). Here are two different outfit options...

DAY

 

NIGHT





TGIF and enjoy the weekend!

xo, I

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burgundy Moto Leather Jacket

The Treadmill

Salmon with Anchovy-Garlic Butter