Skip to main content

8 Recipes with Eggs

All photos in this post are from Bon Appétit.




Boiling eggs in bulk is fantastic. It's quick and easy... Gently place eggs into a pot before pouring water in the pot to prevent the eggs from cracking prematurely. Make sure that the water goes over the eggs about an inch or so. Turn on the stovetop to medium-high to high heat. Once the water is brought to a rolling boil, turn off the heat, and cover the pot for about 10 minutes or so. Timing may vary due to egg size as well as your desired yolk texture - I prefer mine to be well-done. Then, pour the water out, and rinse the eggs with cold water several times. Alternatively, place them in an "ice bath" - I just didn't have ice, so I just rinsed the eggs with cold water. The end result is a perfect batch of boiled eggs... no overcooking or green rings around the yolks, hooray. I made 12 yesterday and now I conveniently have boiled eggs to snack on or to add to meals. Well, actually I made deviled eggs from some of them and they turned out delicious. I had a bit of red pepper roasted hummus leftover in its container so I just tossed the egg yolks in and added some hot salsa as well. I mixed thoroughly, spooned the mixture into a plastic sandwich baggie, snipped off a corner, and then swirled the yolk mixture onto the egg whites. Then I topped the eggs with salt, pepper, and paprika, and then tiny bits of red bell pepper... yummy!

Aside from hard-boiled eggs and deviled eggs, I also like scrambled eggs and fried eggs. Let's be honest, I just love eggs. They are budget-friendly and healthy. I don't feel as if I am breaking the bank for a healthy snack or meal that's a good source of protein and keeps me full for a while. Especially when being conscious of spending on meals for each week, eggs are the perfect solution. (I make food in bulk, mostly eat meals from home, and pack lunches and snacks for on-the-go.) I typically stock two dozen eggs in my fridge at a time. Although I am in the hard-boiled eggs zone now, a couple weeks ago I was into scrambled eggs... I scrambled them in the microwave. I know, I know. But it's effortless. I have 8ams almost everyday, so in order to fit in a good workout and eat a hearty breakfast before class - you know, do my whole morning routine shmoutine - I scrambled eggs in a bowl, and then microwaved them in 30-second increments until the eggs were cooked. Topped with salsa, avocado, cheese, breakfast was all kinds of goodness. Let me tell ya... all. kinds. of. goodness.

So now my love for eggs has been revealed. :) And yes, eggs may seem boring at times, but fortunately, they are versatile. They can be made in various ways. Like I said, right now I am in my hard-boiled eggs phase, but I am sure I will switch it up in the future and find other ways to incorporate eggs into meals. Below are some recipes that make good use of eggs...

xo, I

p.s. I watched La La Land last night... it was such a good movie. Two words: Ryan. Gosling. But really, it was unexpected to enjoy a musical movie as much as I did... I would watch it again. In other news: I have been cast in a short play titled "The Engagement" - I will play Lyla, a 26-year old "preparing" for her first day of a new job by having a fun, relaxing night with her 28-year old boyfriend, Matt, and her 26-year old best friend from college, Jake. A bit of drama ensues: Jake ends up revealing to Lyla that he loves her, and always has since they first met in college, and Matt reveals to Jake (it's the two's first meeting) that he plans on proposing to Lyla. See... a bit of drama. Guess how the ending goes... hehe, this should be fun.

Scrambled Eggs, Avocado, And Smoked Salmon On Toast

Chile-And-Olive-Oil-Fried Egg With Avocado And Sprouts

Scrambled Eggs With Caramelized Onions And Chèvre

The Perfect Poach

Poached Eggs In Tomato Sauce With Chickpeas And Feta

Spinach With Chickpeas And Fried Eggs

Bacon Deviled Eggs

Portuguese Baked Eggs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burgundy Moto Leather Jacket

The Treadmill

Salmon with Anchovy-Garlic Butter