Skip to main content

BU FitRec


Hey there, can I let you in on a secret?

Alrighty, here goes nothing... I just finished eating a pint of Ben & Jerry's Salted Caramel Core ice cream...

Uh oh. Whoopsies. Did I just do that? Me?

Yes, I sure did.

Well, technically, I started the pint sometime yesterday (during the snow storm... you know, freezing temps calls for ice cream... naturally) and finished it tonight. Without a doubt, I think Ben & Jerry's Salted Caramel Core is their most decadent flavor. I typically grab a pint of Milk&Cookies (best. flavor. ever.) but, sadly, Buick was out of stock.

Here's what happened... story time! After what felt like a decade of rummaging through the freezer in search of my beloved Milk&Cookies, I finally accepted that it was not the day for me to eat Milk&Cookies. Moving on, I looked for another flavor. Pistachio? No. Strawberry Cheesecake? No. Cherry Garcia? Definitely no. I almost walked away from the freezer at that point. Almost. Then out of the corner of my eye's iris, I saw Salted Caramel Core, and my ice-cream-craving brain hollered, "YES." Without hesitation, I snatched that pint of Salted Caramel Core as if my life depended on it.

In reality, was the process that dramatic? Not even close. But, was I glad to get my hands on a pint of Salted Caramel Core? Most certainly.

Salted Caramel Core is an intensely rich and sweet of a flavor. Of course, the perfect one if you are looking for something ultra rich and sweet. Ben & Jerry's isn't messing around with the salted caramel core. One spoonful of it would have been enough... and I did not stop at one spoonful. (Who does though?) It was addicting. Good thing the sweet cream ice cream (with the blondie bits mixed in) balanced out the intensity of the caramel. Otherwise it would have been too sweet, and I wouldn't have been able to eat as much of the pint as I did if it hadn't been for that combination. That would have been sad.

Now that I have dedicated a fair amount of words to my tale of my fantastic Ben & Jerry's Salted Caramel Core ice cream adventure, you might be wondering why this post is titled "BU FitRec"... here's the deal, I was originally going to write about my recent workout adventures. And how great working out is for you. And how amazing being healthy is. For your mind. For your body. For your soul. And it dawned on me that I probably would have sounded as if I was preaching. Like a health nut.

A health nut, I am not. So I will just say this... Have I been working out and being healthy? Yes. Have  I also been eating Ben & Jerry's among other unhealthiness? Also yes. It's all about balance. Just like the salted caramel core with the sweet cream ice cream, balance is good.

xo, I

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burgundy Moto Leather Jacket

The Treadmill

Salmon with Anchovy-Garlic Butter