Skip to main content

Weekend Recap


Happy Monday! This past weekend was filled with so many fun and exciting events...

Thursday




I went to the Hudson Yards grand opening. Servers were walking around the retail area with glasses of champagne, multiple cocktail bars were set up on each floor, stores had their own crafty drinks and hors d'oeuvres,  and everyone was dressed extremely festivey! I wore this dress, these shoes, this jacket (my current go-to!), and this bag (I wear this everywhere!). We didn't get to go to all of the stores, because that would take so long to browse each one, but my favorite store had to be the Van Cleef boutique - I would love to eventually get my hands on this ring (*heart eyes emoji*), these earrings, this necklace (LOVE!), this bracelet (so cute, would match the ring/earrings/necklace!), this bracelet, this bracelet, and this bracelet - so stunning! We also walked into Piaget, and I tried on this watch... it was so beautiful and I loved how it fit, I loved the thinner strap and watch face, and the rose gold/diamonds! Now looking online at Piaget, I like the look of this bracelet, this bracelet, this ring, and these earrings. SO many beautiful pieces! In the next coming weeks, I plan on visiting Hudson Yards again so hopefully I will be able to take a look at some of the other stores, as well as the new restaurants that have opened.


Later in the evening, I went to Valerie, which has now become a favorite place of mine to go to for drinks. I love the decor, the old timey atmosphere, and the ambience! It's definitely a fun place to go to - each time I've been, so far three times, I've gotten their gin&tonic. Delicious, but I remove the little tree stem thing they have in the drink each time. They serve it in a stemmed glass, which is a good alternative to the normal slim/tall glass g&t's are served in. It's much cuter this way, I think. Anyway, it is a great place to visit and is located centrally by Midtown so you can head out somewhere else afterwards too!

Friday



I tried this Chinese restaurant in the West Village called The Bao. We ordered the cumin lamb, cauliflower, and cucumber salad. First things first, there are tons of red peppers in each dish. Don't let that fool you though, because it only adds flavoring and a good amount of spice to the dishes. However, if you accidentally, or intentionally, take a bite of the peppers, your nose could start flaring and you could start sweating... that may or may not have happened to me. Other than the peppers, the mix of spices in each dish was so yummy. I would definitely go back. We went around 5pm-ish and it wasn't as busy, but during our meal, groups were creeping in and by the time we left (around 7ish), there was a little line.


After dinner, we walked over to the Astor Theatre to watch the Blue Man Group. We had these great front row tickets and had the opportunity to jam with the band members before the show. But... we were late for that because we extended our dinner time (whoopsies), and instead got to do a fun meet-and-greet with the three Blue Men after the show. I definitely felt a little starstruck after I saw them perform... which, by the way, was amazing. I was smiling and laughing the entire show! The first five rows got these *superchic* ;) ponchos and everyone in the audience wore neon streamer "headbands" - a tad bit goofy getups but for sure fun! Would highly recommend seeing the show. :) And my outfit this night was this shirt, this jacket (in burgundy), this jacket, these pants, these boots (in black), and this bag.

Saturday




Barrister's Ball! Woohoo. Aka law prom. So... I never went to prom in high school and to be honest, I have been definitely a bit resentful and bitter about that... even after all these years, ha! Anywho, fortunately for me, there is a law school tradition of Barrister's Ball each year. Ours was located at Guastavino's, which actually is two blocks away from my apartment... it took me three minutes to walk over! I wore this dress, these heels, this jacket (see? it's really my go-to), and this bag (see previous parenthetical comment). Put together a bunch of law students in one party and the madness begins. No, it was super fun, with tons of food and an open bar. Also, lots of dancing... of course. It was so nice to see everyone all glammed up! We definitely had an amazing night.

Sunday

Recovering from the past three nights...... :p

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burgundy Moto Leather Jacket

The Treadmill

Salmon with Anchovy-Garlic Butter