Skip to main content

Christmas in New York


Merry Christmas! Good morning from Upper East Side, New York! All my life, I had imagined spending a Christmas here. Now, it is a dream come true. I have Whitney Houston's "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" on, along with the Christmas tree lights. My boyfriend and I set up the tree and other holiday decorations a couple of weeks ago at his place. I am staying here for the week and it feels really festive and cozy. Also, with two cups of coffee down, and one more beside me waiting patiently, I am bursting with energy. Christmas is my favorite holiday of the year, and this is one of my most memorable ones. While I am away from my family who's in California, this time alone is allowing me to reflect on 2019 and recharge for 2020.

Here are some highlights from 2019:
  • Finishing my first year of law school.
  • Traveling to 4 countries: France, Bermuda, Italy, Iceland.
  • Moving to the Upper East Side.
Here are some things I am looking forward to for 2020:
  • Competing at Miss New York USA.
  • Traveling to 4 more countries: Argentina, Peru, Chile, Uruguay.
  • Starting to work at a BigLaw firm.
With this year being almost over, I am reminded that I am also one year older. I turned 24 this year, which means next year I will be 25; holy smokes, I will be a quarter of a century old! This previous decade has been filled with ups and downs, lessons, and experiences that I am so appreciative of to make me who I am today. But as the saying goes, "out with the old, in with the new" -- the past is in the past, and I am excited to experience what the next decade will bring. Cheers to new beginnings. :)

xo, I

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burgundy Moto Leather Jacket

The Treadmill

Salmon with Anchovy-Garlic Butter